Hela vs Thanos: This battle is a fight between two powerful characters who are both known for their strength and magic. Both of these characters are also known for being villains. So, who would win in this fight? Let’s find out.
Thanos is a character from Marvel comics and he is the main antagonist of the movie “Avengers: Infinity War”. He is an alien who was born on Titan, a moon of Saturn. He has been described as a villain because he wants to destroy half of the universe. He is also known for his power and strength.
Hela is a character from Norse mythology. She is a goddess who is associated with death and destruction. She is also known for her beauty. She is the daughter of Loki and is always looking to gain control over Asgard.
So, who would win in a fight between these two characters? Let’s find out!
Thanos made his first appearance in February 1973 in Iron Man #55 and was created by Jim Starlin and Mike Friedrich. He is part of a race called the Eternals who lived on the planet Titan. According to the Marvel Encyclopedia, he is 6ft 7in and weighs 985 lbs.
In the Marvel Encyclopedia, he is described as “one the strongest beings in existence”. So as an adversary, there won’t be many who could beat him. Thanos was born with the Deviant gene which gave him purple skin, a furrowed chin and a massive body with an incredible amount of strength and intellect.
Thanos: Powers & Abilities
- Superhuman Powers: It has shown that Thanos has the strength of a god and let us also not forget that he has superhuman agility, reflexes and stamina.
- Matter & Energy Manipulation: To the list of powers, we can also add the ability to manipulate matter and energy. He can shoot energy out of his eyes and control matter on an atomic level.
- Magic: Thanos also possesses the power of magic. He is skilled in Black Arts and also has several other mystic capabilities like cursing other heroes or beings.
- Immortality: Because of his immortality, he doesn’t age nor does he die even after getting injured. Thanos is even banned by Death with whom he is obsessed.
Hela is a character from Marvel who we first encountered in Journey into Mystery #102 in
March 1964. She is the daughter of Loki (God of Mischief – brother of Thor) and Angrboda who is a sorceress as well. Hela is also known as the Asgardian Goddess of Death and she rules Hel, land of the dead, and Niffleheim, land of eternal ice which are two of the nine realms.
Hela is considered to be 7in tall and weighs 500 lbs according to the Marvel Encyclopedia. What you also need to know about Hela, is that the left side of her body is dead and decayed while the right side is in perfect condition. You can’t see this at first as her cloak hides this condition.
Hela: Powers & Abilities
- Magic: Just like her father, she can cast illusions that can trick the most advanced beings in the universe. Add to that, that she can fire energy blasts and can travel to anywhere in her astral form.
- Powers of Life and Death: As Hela is the Goddess of Death, she controls death but also life. She can kill other Asgardians simpy by touching them or restore their life as she sees fit.
- Superhuman Powers: The Asgardian Goddess possesses superhuman powers when it comes to Strenght, Speed, Stamina and Stability.
- Immortal: This is where Hela differentiates herself from the other Asgardian Gods. She doesn’t age while the other Asgardian Gods do. Still, they age at a very slow rate
What do Hela and Thanos have in common?
Magic: Both villains have the power of magic at their disposal. So they could attack each other for hours and days on end but both would be able to defend themselves easily.
Immortal: Hela and Thanos are immortal, this could never be a fight to the death as they can’t simply die or they would resurrect somewhere else.
Hela vs Thanos: Let’s Compare Some Numbers
Marvel has given almost all their heroes a score which they call a power grid (you can find these on Marvel.com). So these numbers don’t come from us but from Marvel themself.
POWER GRID (7 is the maximum per criteria)
We see that Hela got one point more when it comes to Durability. She has the perfect score while Thanos only got a 6. We don’t really agree on this score as both are immortal. So both would deserve a 7. Even Thanos has he banned by Death himself.
There’s no difference when it comes to Energy which we are completely aligned on with Marvel.
For Fighting Skills, The Mad Titan and the Goddess Of Death got pretty low scores. We completely agree on the score from Hela as she uses magic to fight her battles and is not skilled in armed combat but Thanos actually is. He is very skilled but he just prefers his army or minions to do his battles for him.
POWER GRID (7 is the maximum per criteria)
When it comes to Intelligence, this is where we see the big difference between the two villains. Thanos has a 6 out of 7 while Hela only received a 3 out of 7. Thanos has a genius-level intellect while Hela has not. She is a goddess but without the power of knowledge which is something that she has in coming with her fellow Asgardian God Thor. So this would be the winning factor for Thanos. He would simply outsmart Hela in battle.
Speed and Strength, Marvel has given them both the perfect score. As you have read above, Hela and Thanos have god or god-like powers so brute force or speed will not win this fight as it would be easily countered.
As you have read our comparison above, Thanos would be the winner of this fight. His Intellect gives him an unfair advantage over Hela which she can’t counter with any other powers or abilities.
- Marvel Encyclopedia
- Thanos – Wikipedia
- Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange) In Comics Powers, Enemies, History | Marvel
- Image Credit: Marvel