Looking for gifts for engineers?
Engineers have been around since the first men walked the earth.
According to the dictionary of Cambridge, the definition of Engineering is the use of scientific principles to design and build machines, structures, and other things, including bridges, roads, vehicles, and buildings.
If you see how the world is evolved in terms of engineering, you can only be amazed. Especially in the last 50 years, engineering has made an incredible leap forward. Just think of the smartphone, PC, aerospace,… and every day we still see new inventions come to life.
But what gifts for engineers should you buy? An engineer is a person who’s interested in seeing how things work or to create things. These type of gifts, you will be able to find in our list.
Here are our favorite Presents For Engineers:
The OWI Robotic Arm Edge is a heavy-duty robotic arm that can be commanded with multiple movements and functions. It has an extensive range of motion on all of its pivot points. The robotic arm gripper opens and closes conveniently, and require no soldering to join it together.
$45.99 in stock
- Command the Robotic Arm Edge with for multiple movements and functions
- Robotic arm gripper opens and closes
- Movement includes radial wrist motion of 120 Degree, an extensive elbow range of motion of 300 Degree, base rotation of 270 Degree, base motion of 180 Degree
- No Soldering Required
- OWI is the premier line of educational robotics kits
The Guaishou Brain puzzle is a 6-in-One 3D luxury handmade wooden puzzle teaser with a Kongming Lock and a storage box. As a game ideal for Teens and Adults, it has six different designs which bring six different funs. The fun is the challenge created by cracking and assembling the pieces.
- This product is handmade by solid wood.Wooden Game Brain Teaser.
- Shopping protection: If you are not satisfied with the product, please contact us directly and we will refund the full amount.
- Product packaging: We use simple wooden box packaging without additional packaging. Only one product uses a plastic film. (All plastic films may be removed in the future) We want to showcase the product: natural and retro style. We guarantee 100% new products per product.
- The Biggest Joy is to Explore Ways to Crack and Assemble, So We do Not Provide Instructions.
- Best Challenge for Kids and Adults,6 Different Design, 6 Different Fun.
The Best Engineer/Math Mug by K-Kware is a high-quality heat-sensitive color-changing coffee mug. It’s a unique coffee mug brings inspiration for your engineering project, work, or homework. The design of this mug is meant to make you feel special. It’s a perfect gift for talented fellas.
$15.95 in stock
- A best coffee mug that's unique, inspiration for your project, homework, or work.
- The unique design of math mug, you will be special!
- Ceramic math mug holds 12oz of knowledge
- HEAT REACTIVE MATH MUG is the perfect gift for talented hobbyists, coffee/tea lovers, family members, coworkers, boyfriends or girlfriends!
- it is a unique mug, and it requires some special cares: 1) Peel off the protected film before using the mug. 2) Don't scrape on the printing with sharp tools. 3) Microwave will deteriorate the artwork. 4) Wash with hand, not suitable for dishwasher machine.
Personalized Engineer Frame
The Civil Engineer Personalize Engineer Frame by American Stamp Art by Creative Framing is a unique framed collectible with personalized engraved plate. Each frame describes a subject or occupation with a brief write-up and has an actual US postal stamp related to the topic.
- Personalize this perfect and unique gift for that special occasion by adding your own message to show your thoughtfulness. Birthdays - Retirements - Graduations - Achievements - Holidays - Or just to say Thank You. Even great for your personal collection.The engraved plate has a maximum of 3 lines with 30 Characters per line. See images for more plate details.
- Ideal for company parties, give-aways, gifts, conferences, employee recognitions, or tokens of appreciation.
- Each frame describes the subject or occupation with a brief write-up and includes actual US Postal stamps related to that topic.
- Ready to hang, with a rich mahogany colored polystyrene frame, double matted with a camel colored top mat and a hint of burgundy for the bottom mat. Complete with plexiglass, a dust cover for the back and protective wall bumpers. The outside of the frame measures 15 x 19.
- Over 600 different products available. Armed Services, Occupations, Special Interest, Events, Hobbies, Organizations, Years, and States. Look for the Creative Framing storefront on Amazon.
This Civil Engineer T-shirt is an excellent gift with a funny engineering motive. As a lightweight, classic-fitting imported T-shirt, it is machine washable in cold water or dry low heat. It features engineering mathematic motive, which makes it an ideal gift for civil engineering students and examined engineers.
- This civil engineer t-shirt with an engineering funny mathematics motive is an ideal gift for a student who is currently studying to become a civil engineer but also for already examined engineers as well.
- You can be pretty sure that anyone wearing this tee is going to draw jealous attention from class mates or work colleagues that will immediately try to get a similar shirt design to compete with.
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
Rubber Band Engineer
The Rubber Band Engineer is an easy to read paperback on how to build slingshot powered rockets, unconventional catapults, rubber band rifles and more guerrilla gadgets using household hardware published on May 15, 2016, by its author Lance Akiyama. It contains instructions and methods to turn simple tasks into engineering work.
$13.63 in stock
64 used from $ 5.60
- Rockport Publishers
Rocket Launch Set
The Estes Zombie Flying Model Rocket Launch Set is an impressive zombie rocket launching kit that features fresh body wrap, fins, and black nose cone. With no painting required and one hour assembling time, the launch set comes with a C6 engine, beam controller and a port-pad II launch pad. This is one of our favorite gifts for engineers.
- Zombie rocket features a very cool body wrap, black nose cone and fins, which is sure to make this ghoulish looking rocket a hit at the launch pad. No painting required, about an hour to assemble.
- When powered with a C6 engine, you can send your zombie "screaming" to a Cloud topping 1100 feet, while landing for another flight with its preassembled parachute.
- This launch set includes the Estes electron beam launch controller (requires 4 high quality 1.5V AA alkaline batteries, sold separately) and porta-pad II launch pad.
- Estes 1437 rocketry is recommended for ages 10 and up with adult supervision for those under 12. Unless otherwise specified, all models require assembly.
- Tools, construction and finishing supplies sold separately. In order to launch, 1437 rocket engines, starters and recovery wadding are required - sold separately-unless otherwise specified
Lego Ideas Ship in a Bottle
The LEGO Ideas Ship in a Bottle is a 21313 Expert Building Kit that can make builder of all ages enjoy completing an advanced building setup. It also includes a LEGO brick stand for a proud display. It’s a perfect model for adults and old kids who love miniature model ships.
$55.99 in stock
- Builders of all ages will enjoy completing this advanced building set! The detailed ship in a bottle also includes a LEGO brick stand to display it proudly. This is the perfect model for older kids and adults who love miniature model ships
- This expert model boat building set is built with 962 pieces and features a buildable cork and wax seal element, ship with a captain's quarters, cannons, mast, crow's nest, sails and flag, and a display stand with a nameplate
- This nautical collectible building toy includes a display stand so builders can proudly show their creation. It also comes with an instruction booklet about the set's fan creator and LEGO designers. Builders will love this miniature model ship build
- LEGO Ideas Ship in a Bottle model building kit is compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- Bottle on stand measures over 3" (10cm) high, 12" (31cm) wide and 3" (10cm) deep, Ship measures over 3" (8cm) high, 5" (14cm) long and 1" (5cm) wide
The Sengu Functional Desktop Calculator is a functioning solar power bamboo calculator with a 12-digit large display. As an electronic general-purpose desktop calculator, it can be used for extensive calculations. Its solar power function works excellent even in dim light. It is made from durable shell bamboo using sustainable materials.
$24.69 in stock
- Practical: Electronic Desktop Calculator is a general purpose desktop calculator, 12 digits make it most useful for large calculations.
- Power: Solar function works even in the dim light
- Convenient: Ergonomic design comfortable button, Wide keyboard with raised keys and increased pressure sensitivity
- Durable: Desktop Calculator adopted is made of shell bamboo, using new durable materials
- Easy to carry, perfect choice for office business and home use. It also can as a perfect gift a perfect Christmas gift for business professionals and work colleagues
Leonardo da Vinci Catapult Kit
Leonardo da Vinci Catapult Kit by Pathfinders comes complete with all the parts pre-cut and ready for assembly with glue included. It’s ideal for beginners in the model making. The best part is, it comes with quite easy to understand instructions to makes it even simpler.
2 used from $ 16.93
- Comes complete with all pieces pre-cut and ready to assemble
- Glue included
- Suitable for beginner model makers
- Easy to understand instructions
The MoMA Small Perpetual Calendar was first designed for MoMA in 1998. It’s a smaller version of the famous Perpetual Calendar, and it was introduced in 2008 in commemoration of the 10th anniversary of the original design. Its designer, Gideon Dagan, has also designed many consumer and commercial products.
- First designed for MoMA in 1998, this smaller version of the Perpetual Calendar was introduced in 2008 to commemorate the 10th anniversary of its original design
- To use, simply insert the stand to place the calendar on a desk and move the magnetic balls manually to mark the date and month
- Designer Gideon Dagan has developed numerous consumer and commercial products, including hand-held computers and electronic instruments
- Size 5.5h x 8w x 2"d
- Silver and Black
Math Formulas Tie
The Wild Ties Math Equations Novelty Necktie is a 100 percent fiber tie ideal for man math nerds. It features turns of equations that are written in a top solid background. It’s available in three sizes, namely regular, skinny and extra-long. It’s a perfect tie for teachers.
- This one's for you, math nerds. Our Math Equations Tie features tons of equations written in white atop a black background. Perfect for math teachers!
- Dimensions: 3.25'' x 58.0'' inches
- Made of 100% Premium Microfiber
- Neck Size: 14.0'" - 19.0"
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. We offer a 30-day money-back guarantee and phone, email, and live chat support are available on our website!
History of Engineering
As everybody knows, the term engineering comes from the word engineer. The word engineer comes from engine’er (one who builds or operates a siege engine) which already dates back from 1390. This refers to “a constructor of military engines.” That is also why we added this catapult which is one of the best gifts for engineers. It gives them an idea of how it was in the 1300s.
Types of Engineering
Engineering is broken into 4 main categories.
- Chemical engineering: This has everything to do with physics, chemistry & biology. Good examples of chemical engineering are petroleum refinement, chemicals, fermentation,…
- Civil engineering: This type of engineering is about the design and construction of public and private works such as roads, water supply, bridges,…
- Electrical engineering: This has to do with electrical and electronic systems which are electronic devices, optical fibers, computer systems, telecommunication,…
- Mechanical engineering: This last one is the most known one, it is about the design and manufacture of physical or mechanical systems like power, aerospace, engines, compressors,…